It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy WorkItems RTCServer1st to RTCServer2nd

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47427) | asked Oct 30 '16, 8:23 p.m.

Please tell me how to copy a work item between servers.
The way, I want you to tell me overall how Do desirable to.
For example, techniques and, process, and so "API tool".

In order to operate a multiple of RTC server, from the old project area to a new project area, there is Issue ・ Risk should take over.
The most likely way now is to Export and Import the CSV.
But, it does not maintain the relevance difficult remaining information between servers.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 31 '16, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way to copy work items across servers today is to use CSV export and import. You can use the built in capability or you have to create your own tool based on the API. an experimental example would be https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/the-rtc-work-item-command-line-on-bluemix/ which is based on the plain Java client libraries.

I don't understand  the sentence.
But, it does not maintain the relevance difficult remaining information between servers.

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Oct 31 '16, 5:27 a.m.

Hi Ralph
Thanks Comment

I understand. Import suitable are is using the CSV most

-->Sorry, Auto Exchange Language sentence
Because the "history or Links that you copied in between the server" is not recorded, It can not be clearly "Copy from ProjectArea"

For example, if you import using a CSV
 Problem that history does not remain that what you have copied There is one.
 Like: "Copy by" "Copy from"

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 31 '16, 5:51 a.m. | edited Oct 31 '16, 5:52 a.m.

Still unclear what you want.
1. History: you can not copy history, you can only copy the current data.
2. Links: you will have to be creative to recreate links between the items e.g. use multiple passes and use a old ID to new ID mapping to try to recreate the links.

Links between the old item and the new item will be limited to the few OSLC link types available or use a HTML based reference. See here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MultipleCCMAppsUserPerspective
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MultipleCCMAppsBestPractices

You would have to create these links somehow in the import or using the API.

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Nov 02 '16, 5:06 a.m.
 Thanks Ralph
I'm sorry obscure

1. History: you can not copy history, you can only copy the current data. 
  I see.. We want to leave what has been copied from anywhere in the "project area    with Server Name", it is more important than history.

2. Links: you will have to be creative to recreate links between the items e.g. use multiple passes and use a old ID to new ID mapping to try to recreate the links. 
  I'll try to learn this information
  And
 This statement could not understand.
  use multiple passes and use a old ID to new ID mapping to try to recreate the links.

What does it mean to "the new ID mapped to the old ID"?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 02 '16, 5:50 a.m.

You can only create links between work items that exist.
A newly created work item gets a new ID.

If you want to create a links between the new items you must run one pass for creating the new items and another pass for creation of links between these items; https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/the-rtc-work-item-command-line-on-bluemix/ uses this approach

If you want to create a link between the new item and the old item you can try to create a link back when creating the item or create the link in the second pass

Note that only OSLC/CLM Links are available across repository/server boundaries

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.