It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy RTC SCM component from one CCM to another CCM using script

Tojan John (1172476) | asked Oct 27 '16, 4:10 a.m.
Our RTC 5.0.2 environment is with multiple CCMs, and we are in the process of migrating some of the projects from one CCM to another CCM. As part of this streams and components needs to be copied to the destination CCM. We need to automate this process as RTC utility "Duplicate" does not support for large size components.

Automation of copying the components from one CCM to another can be achieved through Java API/scripts? What is the best way to automate the duplicating of stream with components from one CCM to another?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 27 '16, 4:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are using distributed SCM. Have you tried to use the SCM command line?
You would
  • Create a stream S1 with the component baseline on Server 1
  • Create a repository workspace RW from that stream on Server 2
  • Create an empty stream S2 on Server 2 and set it as flow target in the repository workspace
  • Deliver component additions and changes from RW to S2

Comments
Tojan John commented Oct 27 '16, 5:03 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, I haven't tried SCM CLI to accomplish this. I will try the steps you provided using CLI. Only concern is we need less user interference to avoid errors. More input by user creates more mistakes. Also, for migration multiple snapshots of a stream needs to be copied.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.