It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ability to in a query to see links

Sean Burke (3789136235) | asked Oct 26 '16, 7:11 p.m.
 Is there an ability in RTC, to query a work item and see all the child work items associated with the parent.  I played around with this and don't see how to do it. For example, I have one parent work item with many nested work items underneath. I want to see that work item and everything with the status that is not "accepted"  How could I see this in one query. Querying now off summary and status but that only gives me the parent work item.  Any suggestions?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 27 '16, 5:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know you can only see the next level of child work items in queries. There are also limits in what the built in query capability allows, especially when traversing links. There are several work items open to create more sophisticated selection criteria.

In the Web UI the result is one column for the parent and links to the direct children where you can hover. In the Eclipse client the children can be expanded and you can drill down.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.