It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sprint Kanban Board not seen on options when ceating a new plan on RTC 5.0.2

John S F Lander (901941) | asked Oct 26 '16, 8:46 a.m.
We configured an agile Process template on 4.0.7 and used this when upgraded to 5.0.2 for creating new Project Areas.
However, when creating a new Plan we do not have the option to create of type Sprint Kanban Board, but when tested on a PA created with the delivered Scrum process template then this option is there

How do I bring this functionality into the PA as there is not an option to add at the Configuration Data>Planning>Plan Types

This is an issue for 1 PA but also asks the question how will all the PAs get this new version functionality

2 answers

permanent link
John S F Lander (901941) | answered Oct 28 '16, 12:33 p.m.
Thanks but not quite what I was asking.
Basically we have created a custom process template(named Agile) at 4.0.7 from the Scrum process template.
This is to get Project Areas set up with a starting point in our defined agile process.
So much work has been done on Permissions, workflow, attributes and Dashboards within this process template and this gets used when creating new PAs
With now 5.0.2 we need to take advantage of new functionality and one of these is the Sprint Kanban Board, I notice that this is a section of xml which I need to copy across to our Agile process template but
1/ existing PAs(5,000 plus) will not get this functionality
2/ what else do I need to add that is new in 5.0.2 and then in 6.0 - is there a link to what need to change in the xml going forward

Comments
Lily Wang commented Oct 30 '16, 8:03 p.m.

Hi John,

Thanks for the explanation. 
1. If you knew the xml code you need to add in the process configuration, you have to add them manually to the existing PAs. There's no automatic way to do that.
Alternatively you can use the Shared Process function in RTC. Create a master project area with the updated process template and configure all other PAs inherit the process template. Please see article Work Item Configuration and Shared Process in Rational Team Concert

2. I don't think there's any document for the process configuration changes in XML code between different RTC versions.
Actually I went through the New and Noteworthy of RTC 5.0.x I don't see the new Sprint Kanban Board function you mentioned. The Kanban is provided in RTC 4.0.7.

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Oct 26 '16, 9:31 p.m.
I could not find OOTB Agile process template provided in RTC 4.0.7.
However in your customized project area, you can create a new plan view and select "Kanban board" as the display.
Then you can follow the steps in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/97546/how-can-i-create-custom-plan-views-in-rtc-processtemplate to add the custom plan view in project area's process configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.