It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I read APIs and process then in a stand-alone Visual Basic 2013 application. I need to get xml or text files returned

Dudley Jackson (1112) | asked Oct 24 '16, 2:27 p.m.
I heed to read the TDP APIs from a vb application and have the data returned in an XML doc to be processes.   I am getting any error that my browser either doesn't have java scripting or that it is not enabled.  My vb app is standalone and does not use a browser

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '16, 3:13 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '16, 11:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is a TDP API? What product do you want to access? What API's the products provide will limit if you can access it with what you have available. If you ask about Rational Quality Manager and Doors Next API's there are pretty much only REST based API's that you can access using HTTP.

If you don't ask about those products your question is likely asked in the wrong forum.

Dudley Jackson commented Oct 25 '16, 11:24 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '16, 11:29 a.m.

The TDP is Technology Delivery Platform.
We are using RQM 5.0 and Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0. We are migrating from HP ALM to the IBM platform.

I have a stand-alone VB application, that needs to get data using the REST APIs and process the data to display on the screens of our application.  We also need to be able to create and update the test plans, test cases, and work items in RQM using our application.

When i run what I have coded, i get a bunch of junk back, in HTML format, stating "Javascript is either disabled or not available in your Browser".  I am using Firefox 47.0.1
I have made sure the Active Scriting is turned on and still get the same result.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 25 '16, 11:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please read https://jazz.net/library/article/635 and play with a REST client in the browser first.
REST APIs are web pages, but not simple WEB UI pages you POST requests.

I don't understand your information. You either use a browser (and a REST client in it like POSTMAN see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/give-me-a-rest/ ) or you use a HTTP client in VB.

When you get back "Javascript is either disabled or not available in your Browser" you definitely have the wrong URL or the wrong way of GETing or POSTing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.