It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export work item category and Planned For values to CSV

Mastanaiah Mannem (3712) | asked Oct 24 '16, 9:27 a.m.

We have CLM 602 Environment with multiple project areas with huge number of category and Planned for values.

Client requested to all planned for and category values. By taking manually it very difficult might be chances to miss it.

Is there any possibility to export the values to CSV or some other format.

Could you please help me on the same and

2 answers

permanent link
Mastanaiah Mannem (3712) | answered Oct 24 '16, 10:32 a.m.

thanks Ralph for your quick reply.

we are not much aware of script. is there any simple command for getting the list of work item categories/Planned for values.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '16, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not that I would know about. You could try to export the process template and then have a look in the XML once you download it. I haven't tried that.
I would use the API myself, I have enough example code lying around.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 24 '16, 10:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your question seems to be missing parts of the sentence and does no make so much sense.

There is no export of this data I would be aware of. You could use the API to export the data. For categories it is

com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon with several methods.

IWorkItemCommon.findCategories(IProjectAreaHandle, ItemProfile<ICategory>, IProgressMonitor)

For iterations look at https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/handling-iterations-automation-for-the-planned-for-attribute/ .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.