It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse client preferences

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Oct 20 '16, 12:21 p.m.
We use Eclipse with RTC plugin installed. Developers use multiple workspaces and they need to set the preferences per workspace.

This is time consuming. I am wondering can this be some how preset for roll out.

I tried changing the "Plugin_Customziation.ini" and nothing with RTC clients are effective. 

Eclipse Export preferences does not  export the RTC settings preferences.

I am aware that this question is directly for RTC itself but wondering how this is managed?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 21 '16, 2:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree that this is a challenge and I have no solution.

I have heard that people have created solutions that work on populating the Eclipse preferences, but I haven't used one myself. Google found me this: http://www.slideshare.net/netceteragroup/managing-eclipse-preferences-for-teams and there are more hits that I did not explore.

Karthik Krishnan commented Oct 21 '16, 8:18 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. Already seen this but as I mentioned, the RTC preferences are not exportable via Eclipse.

I have seen some people have developed plugins to set this this but that's additional plugin to maintain 

One answer

permanent link
Richard Good (872159) | answered Dec 13 '17, 9:24 a.m.

I wonder why it doesn't work for you (maybe you have the syntax wrong), for the most part editing the following file works just fine. My preferences as detailed in the file are present in any new workspaces. Note I am using Eclipse 4.5.2 with RTC 6.0.2 installed into it via the P2 installer.

<Eclipse Client Dir>\plugins\org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp_4.5.2.20160218-0600\plugin_customization.ini

My additional entries are as follows: -

org.eclipse.help.base/remoteHelpHost=localServer,www.ibm.com,127.0.0.1
org.eclipse.help.base/remoteHelpPreferred=false
org.eclipse.core.resources/encoding=UTF-8
org.eclipse.team.core/ignore_files=*.Rhapsody\ntrue\n*.class\ntrue\n*.ehl\ntrue\n*.lck\ntrue\n*.rpw\ntrue\n*.rqtfimage\ntrue\n*.save\ntrue\n*.unused*\ntrue\n*.vba\ntrue\n*_auto_rpy\ntrue\nRCL_API_Log*.xml\ntrue\nThumbs.db\ntrue\ncom.mbdasystems.*.jar\ntrue\nerror.txt\ntrue\nfiles.lst\ntrue\nfilesTable.dat\ntrue\nsrc.cg_info\ntrue\n
com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.ui/prefs_pending_changes_refresh_action=SANDBOXES
org.eclipse.ui.workbench/PLUGINS_NOT_ACTIVATED_ON_STARTUP=org.eclipse.cdt.codan.ui.cxx;org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ide;org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui;org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk.scheduler;org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui;org.eclipse.mylyn.team.ui;org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui;org.eclipse.oomph.workingsets.editor;org.eclipse.rse.ui;org.eclipse.ui.monitoring;com.ibm.team.feed.ui;com.ibm.team.fulltext.ide.ui;com.ibm.ut.ic.server;

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Dec 13 '17, 10:19 a.m.

Thanks, Richard. I will try this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.