It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a Test Case be executed offline as part of a Test Suite Execution Record run?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Oct 18 '16, 10:21 p.m.
We have a team trying to use RQM 5.0.2 for the first time and we have a use case that I am not sure how to handle.  The team has a Test Plan that contains a set of test cases arranged in test suites.  To facilitate some of the OOB reports and widgets, we are having them create their Test Suite Execution Records and Test Case Execution Records before they begin their tests.  Once they start executing their Test Suite, they come across a Test Case that needs to be executed in an environment without access to the RQM server but with Excel.  They would like to use the offline test execution capabilities in order to run a single test case in a suite execution run offline.

I am not seeing a way to do this.  I can go into the TSER and look at the associated TCERs to find the one I want to run offline, but if I try taking it offline, the results can come back in but they don't get tied to the records associated with the Test Suite in progress.

Is this just not a feature currently supported or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 19 '16, 2:00 a.m.
edited Oct 19 '16, 2:01 a.m.
Hi, Jamie

This is a feature not currently covered.
Perhaps when the below RFEs implemented, it may provide some way to merge the result:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=62302
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=68436

You may want to comment on the work item and confirm if your use case is under consideration or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.