It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - set Minimum client-compatibility version afects Advisors building with old SDK?

Fabiano lima (17316) | asked Oct 18 '16, 1:40 p.m.
I Use RTC Server in my company and I would like set Minimum client-compatibility version, but this configuration can affect the Advisors with SDK other versions? for example: I build Advisors using SDK 4.0.6 and deploy in my server. If I set this configuration for minimal version 5.0 this Advisor not work?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 19 '16, 3:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a server setting that I would rather not touch. I am puzzled why you even wanted to do that.

Client Compatibility is about clients, which means using the client API. The client API (Plain Java Client Libraries) have the version they are released for built in. This provides the information for checking version compatibility not your code. So you can only run your code on a different (older) Plain Java Client Library version to trigger this. The build system and the scm command line should check for compatibility as well, if I am not mistaken.

An advisor is typically a server extension and I am not sure it even touches the client compatibility version. All you can do to make the extension only work with certain versions is to manage the version compatibility in the manifest file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.