It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New to JAZZ

Joseph Dale (12) | asked Oct 18 '16, 10:18 a.m.

We recently lost our admin and now I'm stuck stepping into that role.

1) How do I set myself up as admin in JAZZ? (What files need updating and how?

2) Anyone have directions on installing JAZZ clean with RDI? And/or some instruction manual/user guide?

I am sure it would help greatly,

Thank you,

Joe

One answer

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | answered Oct 18 '16, 11:18 a.m.
Concerning question 1: in order to be a Jazz administrator, your user must have the JazzAdmin role.
So, if you are using a LDAP repository for authentication, you must make your user a member of the corresponding group in LDAP.
This information (the role-group mapping) is stored in the WAS profile.

Comments
Joseph Dale commented Oct 18 '16, 11:21 a.m.
I'm not sure if we are using LDAP. We use IBM RDI and the plug in. Then I believe the rest is on the AS/400. How can I tell if it uses thwe LDAP or perhaps an AS/400 profile?
Thanks,
Joe 

Luca Martinucci commented Oct 19 '16, 3:01 a.m. | edited Oct 19 '16, 3:02 a.m.

As a matter of fact, I have never installed Jazz on RDI, so I cannot give you detailed information.
Anyway, Jazz runs on an application server, so you should check how it is configured for authentication in the app server profile.
Also, give a look to the teamserver.properties configuration file of the JTS application: it should contain some useful information concerning the LDAP repository (if there is one configured).
The teamserver.properties is in the <Jazz installation directory>/server/conf/jts.

James Cole commented Oct 19 '16, 7:19 a.m.

Hi Joe, 

Depending on the installation process, if Jazz (i.e. RTC) has been on IBMi it creates some group profiles (i.e. Jazzadmins, jazzusers etc) However, the Websphere application server profile can be changed to use LDAP. Therefore, as Luca ahs mentioned you would need to sign into the WAS admin > security to verify if it is using LDAP or local operating system (i.e. AS/400). 

1) If you are using AS/400 you would need to get JAZZUSERS (assuming the default has been chosen) added to your group or supplement group profile on the AS/400. After this you would then need to be added to a RTC project.

Alternatively, in WAS for the application you mapped individual users or change group mappings.

2) Installing the RTC client should be installed into the same eclipse package using installation manager. This means that you would have access to RDi and RTC in the same environment.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks 
James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.