It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to hide the setected value in the enumeration type?

anand krish (214) | asked Oct 18 '16, 3:00 a.m.
Hi Team,
           Is there is any possible to hide the selected value in the enumeration type attribute on particular states for a work item. For example, in a task work item, i have three literals(1,2,3), If literal 1 is selected on the initial state and it should not be visible on New, In Progress states and should visible on done state.
          Is there is any way to do that?

Thanks

Krish

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Oct 18 '16, 5:48 a.m.

Read up on the following it's RTC v3 but the section on Dependent Enumerations should help

Set the first to "State" and the second to the new Enumeration value

https://jazz.net/library/article/537

Comments
anand krish commented Oct 18 '16, 2:06 p.m.

Hi Matt,
         Thank you for direction, i was successful in implementation the hidden to get the enumeration attribute at the work item level.

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Oct 18 '16, 3:56 a.m.

Krish,

Hi - depending on your version of RTC you could look into using "Dependent Enumeration" but these do have limitations or you are into a script based validator.  It really depends on how you want it to operate.

It's under Attribute Customizations - Value Set - Dependent Enumeration.

Good luck

Comments
anand krish commented Oct 18 '16, 5:37 a.m.

Hi Matt Muller,

I am currently using 6.0.1,

For example, In a work item. I have created enumeration type attribute, in the enumeration attribute contain three value (A, B, C) if I have selected “A” value in that attribute on the initial state of that work item, in next two states (new, in progress) it should not be visible on that “A” value but I want visible on done state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.