It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get the system to automatically update integers?

Michael Egan (1112) | asked Oct 14 '16, 9:44 a.m.
edited Oct 14 '16, 11:35 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I am working in the CCM module of Rational Team Concert 6.0.  I have built a special type of defect with a special identification number.  When one of these special defects is assigned, I would like for the system to automatically assign the next available integer, similar to how the ID number is generated when a new work item is created.  At the moment I can only look at the query and then manually put in the next number.  Is there away to get the system to add the next number in when creating the special defect type? 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 14 '16, 11:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What does
When one of these special defects is assigned, I would like for the system to automatically assign the next available integer, similar to how the ID number is generated when a new work item is created.
mean? What does "is assigned" mean. The only automation I can think about would be a follow up action on work item save or some kind of calculated value.

Comments
Michael Egan commented Oct 14 '16, 1:21 p.m.

When a Work Item is generated the ID field is assigned a number, i.e. the first work item generated is assigned number 1, the second number 2 and so on.  I want the system to do the same thing for special defects, but I don't want that number to iterate if a different type of work item is assigned.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 15 '16, 7:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You will havre to create a follow up action and potentially other Java based server extensions. See https://hub.jazz.net/project/strada501/RTC%20Work%20Item%20Numbering/overview and https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.