It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to configure where RPE 2.x creates the Derby db files?

Robert Huet (23112684) | asked Oct 13 '16, 3:54 p.m.
 I have RPE 2.1 running in a Docker Container using Tomcat/Derby.  RPE creates the Derby db files in .../tomcat/bin.  However, in order to persist my Derby db, I need to be able to have RPE create the Derby db in a mounted data volume.  Is there a way to configure where RPE creates the Derby db files?

2 answers

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Oct 14 '16, 4:51 a.m.
Hi Robert,

It is generally not recommended as you'll need to modify some internal files.
Derby is recommended for Test purpose. For actual production, DB2 is recommended.

Modifying the derby path (RPENG_DB and DGAAS_DB)
1. TOMCAT_HOME\rpeng\WEB-INF\lib\com.ibm.rpe.web.service.resources.impl_*.jar\META-INF\persistence.xml
2. TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\dgaas\WEB-INF\lib\com.ibm.rpe.web.service.docgen.impl_*.jar\META-INF\persistence.xml

Make sure you retain the .jar content and structure as it. Make sure you have a backup before you perform these changes.

jdbc:derby:DGAAS_DB;create=true
change it to
jdbc:derby:<add path like c:\test\DGAAS_DB>;create=true

Note: This is not recommended. Hence, we'll not be responsible for any undesired results.

Regards,
Kumar

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Oct 14 '16, 4:49 a.m.
Hi Robert,

It is generally not recommended as you'll need to modify some internal files.
Derby is recommended for Test purpose. For actual production, DB2 is recommended.

Modifying the derby path (RPENG_DB and DGAAS_DB)
1. TOMCAT_HOME\rpeng\WEB-INF\lib\com.ibm.rpe.web.service.resources.impl_*.jar\META-INF\persistence.xml
2. TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\dgaas\WEB-INF\lib\com.ibm.rpe.web.service.docgen.impl_*.jar\META-INF\persistence.xml

Make sure you retain the .jar content and structure as it. Make sure you have a backup before you perform these changes.

jdbc:derby:DGAAS_DB;create=true
change it to
jdbc:derby:<add path like c:\test\DGAAS_DB>;create=true

Note: This is not recommended. Hence, we'll not be responsible for any undesired results.

Regards,
Kumar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.