It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Add In Not Working

Austin Ullrich (111) | asked Oct 12 '16, 2:12 p.m.

I have already added the excel utility and it shows up underneath Add-Ins. However the export to file, and export to repository buttons do absolutely nothing and do not work. The import for offline does work; however, I need the export to repository to work in order to export my excel file into RQM as a test case. Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this problem....

Thank you

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 12 '16, 6:42 p.m. | edited Oct 12 '16, 7:00 p.m.

more info please
-- RQM and ExcelImporter version, Excel version
-- what do you  mean "do absolutely nothing and do not work"?: menu grayed out? or click on menus not prompt anything etc, needs details here
-- how did you install the add-in? the machine user did the installation and also the same user is not using this add-in for exporting?

Austin Ullrich commented Oct 12 '16, 8:54 p.m.
ExcelImporter Version: 6.0.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2010
When I click on the RQM add in, three drop downs appear: Export to file, export to repository, and import for offline. When I click on the first two it does not prompt anything at all. When I click on import for offline it does pop up a separate window but this is not what I need to work, I need export to repository to work. But the first two options on the add in do nothing everytime I try to click on them.  

Don Yang commented Oct 13 '16, 12:41 a.m.
  • is your Excel 2010 32 bit or 64 bit?
  • which component of ExcelImporter did you install?
    (such as RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi and so on. I remember that I tried RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 once and had similar problem in my environment)
  • did you use local machine admin account to install or not? and the same user account is currently launching the add-on, is that right?

Austin Ullrich commented Oct 13 '16, 1:46 p.m.

-My excel 2010 is 32 bit

-I installed the RQMExcelImporterSetup but I also tried the dotnet45 but the current one I have installed is RQMExcelImporterSetup
--I installed it using the local machine admin account (my account) and I am the user launching the add on

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 13 '16, 7:25 p.m.
Hi, Austin

This could be locale related which is explained here:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#RQM_popup_does_not_appear_in_Exc

Please try the info from above:

Go to Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Formats, change Format to 'English (United States) '. Also change Location to 'United States'.

Hopefully this helps.

Comments
Austin Ullrich commented Oct 17 '16, 3:39 p.m.

Unfortunately I did this and it did not change anything 

permanent link
Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | answered Mar 13 '19, 10:12 a.m.
 Hello Austin,
I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to fix the issue ?
If so, please could you let me know how you fixed it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.