It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Floating License Server

Ahmed AbuZekry (2338) | asked Oct 09 '16, 9:09 a.m.
retagged Oct 13 '16, 4:56 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
I have a trial version of Jazz team server 6.0.2 with RM, QM and CCM
I want to access this server from anywhere so I want to make this server a floating license server.

How can I do that ? and how can I get trial floating licenses ?
Is there another way to access this server from another machine just using its discovery url ?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 09 '16, 9:08 p.m.
It appears that you just put two separate things together due to misunderstanding. Have a look into the document to understand the difference between an authorized license and a floating license.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_managing_licenses.html

The trial version of CLM comes with 10 trial licenses, which should be enough for a usual trial project. If you have more than 10 users participating in the trial project, you should contact IBM Sales to organize getting some more licenses.

To access the server from another machine, which is a completely separate topic, and has nothing to do with licenses. It depends on how you install the product and configure the public URI. Make sure that you do not use "localhost", "127.0.0.1" or even any IP addresses in the public URI. Note that you can access the CLM system without a license, but just can't carry out certain operations.

Comments
Ahmed AbuZekry commented Oct 10 '16, 1:57 a.m.

I've set the public uri of the Jazz team server as follows "ies-esd-w7-02.mgc.mentorg.com:9443/jts"

And it is installed on a remote machine elsewhere not in my current location.
I've tried to access this uri from my machine and the browser responded with "Server not found"

So what do you think is the problem here ?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 10 '16, 2:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The problem is that you need to talk to your network IT department to make sure that the server is reachable from your location and has a DNS entry at a DNS that you are connected to.

Ahmed AbuZekry commented Oct 10 '16, 5:30 a.m.

Ok I'll do that. Thank you for the help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.