It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why the projects under component are not CDT?

Eliah Ninyo (21415) | asked Oct 09 '16, 4:49 a.m.

hello,

I'm using the eclipse plugin. I loaded the workspace component with the project below it.

I get in the "project explorer" tab the component name with the 2 project under it. but they are not CDT projects (although I opened them as such). I can not press the "build" command on them.

alternatively I can load (again) the projects in to the "projects explorer" as existing projects, and then I see them above my component (as duplicate) but now I can compile them.

any idea why?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 09 '16, 1:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I recommend:
- select "Browse the components to select the folders to be loaded"
- in the "Repository folder to load" page, select the top level (component) folders
- in the Advanced Options of that page, select "load the selected folders and create Eclipse projects found within the selected folder hierarchy".

Comments
Eliah Ninyo commented Oct 10 '16, 9:05 a.m.

hi,

thanks for the answer!

what you describe open the folder and the sub projects but not as CDT projects. I see them as folders.

I have to import them again as existing projects to see the build button (hummer) enable.

any other idea?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 10 '16, 10:39 a.m.

That indicates that there is a .project file already created and under version control in the top level folder. So that that .project file is found instead of the .project files in the CDT projects. Delete the .project file.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 09 '16, 10:51 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '16, 10:55 a.m.
As you insisted to load this way: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/229046/how-to-load-component-name you "Load the root folders of the components as projects" this creates a new .project file in the top level folder named like the component that Eclipse then uses. It can now not see the real .project file in the folders underneath that represent the real projects you wanted to have.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/1016 for more information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.