It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data is not showing properly in Burndown chart in RTC

swapna das (3324571) | asked Oct 08 '16, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Team,
   I am using RTC 6.0.1 . I have created one plan , and there I am having "n" number of Stories and each story is being assigned with story points but the there is no task linked to my stories. I am updating my Stories but the burn down chart is not showing the properly . Is it required to attach tasks to each and every story.

Thanks,
Swapna Das

One answer

permanent link
David Noecker (1) | answered Oct 12 '16, 12:56 p.m.
A burndown report will only report information related to your work items' estimate. A Story work item does not normally have an assigned estimate. You would not see any information related to your plan in the burndown report if there isn't any estimate information. You can either add work items to your plan as child work items that do contain some estimate, or assign some estimate to your stories. By default, the editors for your Story work items do not have any estimate presentations, but if you want, you can add a presentation to allow your users to set this attribute's value.

I believe that you would get more information in the progress report, if you are using story points and not estimates. You can read more information on how your plan's reports work by looking at http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/c_review_progress_web.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.