It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute validation precondition is not working for just 1 project area and its working for another

Sudip Das (111) | asked Oct 07 '16, 4:28 a.m.
 I have a custom attribute and it is associated with an attribute customization Validator script. The script seems to be working as expected as it gives the validation message on populating the custom field with unexpected values. But even with the validation error, it is letting me save the work item. I verified the Operational Behaviour and I have Attribute Validation pre-condition added. Even with the plugin added to the project process it let me save the work item. I tried to remove it and add it back and still it let me save the work item.

Also, Attribute Validation is working as expected in other project areas in the same repository. 

RTC Server is at version 6.0.1 Ifix004

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 07 '16, 4:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would consider to contact support. I have seen cases where the process template was damaged and caused problems.

Comments
Sudip Das commented Oct 07 '16, 5:54 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '16, 6:00 a.m.

Hi ,

Thank you very much for your time and suggestion.
But Can you let us know how to fix this process template issue or where are the areas where we can see for solutions.
Reagrds
Sudip 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 07 '16, 6:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, that is why I suggested to contact support. If I had an idea I would have mentioned that. The fact that it is only in on project area hints that it could be due to the process configuration there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.