It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to load component name?

Eliah Ninyo (21415) | asked Oct 06 '16, 4:35 a.m.
edited Oct 06 '16, 10:43 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

hello,

i have a folder (ex. C:\sandboxes).

i created a repository workspace that have one component (out of 3 in the project).

i want to load it to a sandbox in a way that the top folder will be the component name and under it all the internal component folder will be load (of course the main folder is as stated above - C:\sandboxes).

any i dea how i can load so that the componnent name (or even the repository name) will be also a folder?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Oct 06 '16, 8:52 a.m.

I think I've done what you are describing before.

In the eclipse client, when you load the component, there are several options to choose from in the dialog. On the first page of the wizard, try using the option, "Load the root folders of the components as projects". On the next page of the wizard, just check the top-level component name while making sure that your sandbox is designated under the advanced options.

Eliah Ninyo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 06 '16, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are right Nate. I did not realize you can actually select the component itself. I assumed you can only load the folders below.

Eliah Ninyo commented Oct 09 '16, 4:46 a.m.

thank!

that helped me too :-)

now I need to understand why the project I see under the component are not CDT projects :-(

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 06 '16, 5:28 a.m.
As far as I can tell, the load mechanism uses the component just as a logical grouping, so if you want to load into a folder with the component name, you would have to manually create a folder named like that and then load into that folder.

What client do you want to use? Version of RTC (does likely not matter but interesting to know anyway).

Comments
Eliah Ninyo commented Oct 06 '16, 6:20 a.m.

hi,

thanks for the quick response.

too bad there is no option to load the componnent name or the repository name :-( of course i can create a manual folder and set it to be my sandbox, but i wanted more elegante solution :-)

i'm using eclipse plugin for version 6.0.1 (both server and client side) on Linux (Ubuntu)

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 06 '16, 6:29 a.m.

You can look into the SCM command line and scripting. You can also look at component load rules: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_scm_build_loadrules.html .

I have never heard this requirement before in 8 years in this forum and it does also not make a lot of sense without additional information why one would want to do this, to be honest.

I am sure you can create a solution that solves your requirment, but that will involve custom scripting, API and/or load rules usage.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.