It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot assign workitem to a team area

Akos Gellenyi (1315) | asked Oct 03 '16, 10:47 a.m.
 I have created a child team area, I set up roles and permission both on the team side and on user side, but still I can not add workitems to the team area, as the team don't appear on the drop down list of the planned for attribute. Any idea?

2 answers

permanent link
Peterson dos Santos (3928) | answered Oct 03 '16, 11:30 a.m.
Hi Akos,

The planned for attribute just show drop down with iteration created before on plan definition. The Filed Against attribute define the category associate with each team.

You can see more here : Getting Started

Regards,

Comments
Akos Gellenyi commented Oct 04 '16, 5:04 a.m.

Sorry, I wrote "Planned for" by mistake, it is not appearing in "Filed against"

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 03 '16, 11:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 03 '16, 1:30 p.m.
Please read https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals to understand the basic concepts you deal with here.

Please note that 'Planned For' is the temporal aspect and not the responsibility aspect which is derived from the category ('Filed against') which determines the team area.

Comments
Akos Gellenyi commented Oct 04 '16, 5:04 a.m.

Sorry, I wrote "Planned for" by mistake, it is not appearing in "Filed against"

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 04 '16, 5:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A team area will not show up in the filed against drop down as that shows categories. So you need to create a category that represents the team area and associate the team area to it. Again, carefully read https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals as you need to understand those basics to be able to work with RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.