It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.2: Is it possible to add multiple data files to a test script or a data file to each step of a test script?

Neeta Valera (45340) | asked Sep 29 '16, 2:31 p.m.
Our test scripts have several manual steps and each step has a different data file associated with it. Is it possible to add multiple data files to a test script, better yet, add a data file for each step in the test script?

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 30 '16, 12:37 a.m.

what kind of data file do you mean here? if you mean attachment to each step, it is obviously possible. if it is not attachment, you may describe what data files(test data in RQM?)  are and how they are used in the test script/steps?

Neeta Valera commented Sep 30 '16, 10:36 a.m.

Hi Don,
Yes, the data file is test data in RQM. One test data file is associated with one step and it may have any number of rows of test data. The same step needs to be run multiple times for the same data so i am putting the same data in all the rows in the data csv file. it almost seems like i need to create a separate test script for each step but then how do I write my RQM Excel importer configuration file to import each step as a test script?
Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 17 '16, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Neeta,

Unfortunately, only one test data file per manual test script is supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.