It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to make 3 built in attributes as required attributes

Anitha Pathuri (8818) | asked Sep 29 '16, 6:53 a.m.

Hi,

I need to make few attributes (built in) as required attributes but they are not visible when I am selecting "Required Attributes For Type and State" precondition for Defect type work item in RTC, the attributes are Creation Date, Created By and Defect State.

Please let me know how to make the 3 attributes as required attributes.

Thanks,

Anitha

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 29 '16, 7:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Creation date, Created By are automatically filled you can not change them manually and you can not configure them as required. Because they are always automatically filled, it would not make sense either.

Defect State I am not sure what that attribute is and where to find it. What template has been used to create the project area?

Comments
Anitha Pathuri commented Sep 29 '16, 7:28 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the update on Created By and Creation Date attribute. Defect state is the attribute which will be used for indicating defect status included in the defect workflow, it's id is "com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state".

Thanks,

Anitha

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 29 '16, 7:36 a.m. | edited Sep 29 '16, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The State of the work item "com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state" is also nothing you can make required, because it is automatically managed internally and a work item always has a state (which is assigned once you create (start action) save the item).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.