It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel Library/API for RTC?

paul ballard (1112) | asked Sep 28 '16, 8:29 a.m.
edited Sep 28 '16, 8:31 a.m.
 Hello,

Is there a library/reference that can be used to connect to RTC and download defects and execution stats in vba?

I saw 

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/rational-team-concert-visual-basic/index.html?ca=drs-&cm_mc_uid=56866854873914749900596&cm_mc_sid_80200000=1475065521

but thats stand alone visual basic application or im misreading it.

I want to download a data dump from clicking a button.

Cheers,
Paul

One answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Sep 28 '16, 10:25 a.m.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you are looking into downloading work items from Excel via a macro, I would suggest to consider Jazz Reporting Service, which does that natively.

Check this out:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/165207/looking-for-excel-macro-code-to-auto-refresh-jrs-live-data-data

(It's a bit old but still applicable, I think).

Comments
paul ballard commented Sep 29 '16, 4:44 a.m.

Thanks for that, but not quite right.

I have multiple queries on RTC which I want to run and then download the results into an excel without ever actually opening RTC in a browser.

Miguel Tomico commented Sep 29 '16, 6:19 a.m.

I would need to understand the business goal behind such a specific requirement to give you a proper answer, because there are several possibilities. I can think of:

- Write a vba program to make OSLC calls to retrieve the work items, as explained in your original post. That requires some considerable effort.

- Use CURL or write a program to download automatically those multiple queries as csv, then merge them to an Excel file using a macro.

- Use JRS, as I suggested in my previous post. In my opinion, this would be the most elegant solution (and also effortless).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.