It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to write work allocation details using Java RTC API?

ast java (4511847) | asked Sep 23 '16, 1:16 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '16, 5:01 a.m.
 Hi Team,

I would like to write the user work allocation details via java rtc api.

My code snippet for reading the data is,

IContributorInfo info =
        resourcePlanning.getResourcePlanningManager().getContributorInfo(inspectUser, true, monitor);
    ItemCollection<IWorkResourceDetails> workDetails = info.getWorkDetails(inspectUser);

System.out.println(workDetails.size());
    for (IWorkResourceDetails iWorkResourceDetails : workDetails) {
int assignment = iWorkResourceDetails.getAssignment(); //To get percentage
 IAuditableHandle owner = iWorkResourceDetails.getOwner(); //To get the Project/Team area
 IDevelopmentLineHandle developmentLine = iWorkResourceDetails.getDevelopmentLine();//To get the timeline

//And I can able to get the start & end dates.
}

Please let me know if any code snippet for the same.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 23 '16, 2:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is all internal API. Here an example:

ArrayList<IWorkResourceDetails> toSave = new ArrayList<IWorkResourceDetails>();
        for (IWorkAssignment workAssignment : allocations) {
            printAssignment(workAssignment);
            toSave.add(workAssignment.getWorkResourceDetails());
        }
        if (!toSave.isEmpty()) {
            this.dirty = true; // We want to reload after the safe, to be sure.
            final IResourcePlanningClient resourcePlanning = (IResourcePlanningClient) teamRepository
                    .getClientLibrary(IResourcePlanningClient.class);

IWorkResourceDetails[] save = toSave
                    .toArray(new IWorkResourceDetails[toSave.size()]);

resourcePlanning.saveWorkDetails(save, monitor);
        }

There is much more around this e.g. how to work with timestamps etc. I explored this to some extent, but did not get around blogging about it. Good luck. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/manage-scheduled-absences-using-the-plainjava-client-libraries/ for some hints about the timestamp stuff.

Comments
ast java commented Sep 23 '16, 5:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the response. 

I have few questions as below,
* In your code "allocations" refers list of "IWorkAssignment" - May I know how this has been updated? and which jar contains this "IWorkAssignment"  interface?
* From my code I can able to get the list of "IWorkResourceDetails", But If i want to edit the allocation percentage, default allocation , start & end date there are no methods are available. 
AND If I want to create a new iworkresourcedetails (with %, start & end date) how can I proceed?

From your code I am assuming that "allocations" list has been filled with the customized values and then adding into the RTC server.

I am interested on how it has been done.

I have updated my code snippet in the question.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 23 '16, 5:31 a.m. | edited Sep 23 '16, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

IWorkAssignment is an interface the is defined in my code, so not in the plain java client libraries.

I have explored this long time ago and except some example code I don't have additional documentation. I basically read the data, changed something, read again, and tried the API to do the same. I think this is the only way.

Sorry. 

ast java commented Sep 26 '16, 5:44 a.m.

Ok. Thanks Ralph.

Is it possible to get the mutable copy of "IWorkResourceDetails". If 'yes' then which service is responsible for this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.