It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I set up a enumeration displayed as a radio group without a default value in the web client.

Sean Burke (3789136235) | asked Sep 21 '16, 2:10 p.m.
I created a yes/no enumeration.  I than created an attribute off of that enumeration.  The attribute was {attribute_name}.  Under editor presentation I select the attribute and selected radio group.  The issue is that on the display on the form there is a default value (NO)  How do I set up a enumeration displayed as a radio group without a default value in the web client. RTC 5.02 (soon moving to 6.02)

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 22 '16, 2:16 a.m.
I doubt that you can do it as is.

You may have to add a third value, say "undecided", to the enumeration, and set it as both the default value and unassigned value, and, set the attribute to "required". The result is that the user will be forced to choose between "yes" and "no" in order to save the work item. Of course the radio group may not look as elegant as you wish.

permanent link
Sean Burke (3789136235) | answered Sep 22 '16, 12:23 p.m.
The solution to set the property to "allowAnyValue"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.