It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unclear setting guideline

Peter Bouten (6817) | asked Sep 21 '16, 8:13 a.m.
I am trying to follow the steps on:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_config_rtc_build_integration.html

But I do not understand the point 2. C. 

“2. Set up the Quality Management application so that it can communicate with the Change and Configuration Management application.
  • c .On the OAuth Consumers page, in the Register Consumer section, type function user to identify the server that uses the consumer key.

What does ‘type function user’ mean? And what happens when you 'identify the server that uses the consumer key'?

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 21 '16, 11:09 a.m.
The phrase should be functional user.   That can be left empty in most cases ( i.e. it's sufficient to make a friend request from QM to RTC then approve the request ).    However, for QM projects to successfully retrieve RTC build information, the functional ID on the RTC side should be qm_user.   In addition qm_user should have RTC Developer license.

Comments
Peter Bouten commented Sep 22 '16, 3:54 a.m.

Thank you Kevin for clarifying. Nevertheless I do not follow what is the intention of this line.
Where to 'type' the functional user ? The 'register consumer' section is a 'form .. to generate an authorized OAuth consumer key'. I cannot 'type' a functional user ID here.

What I can do is 'edit' a 'consumer' in the 'Authorized keys' section. When I click edit I get a pop-up to select a 'functional user'.

To get a little closer to the descriptions in this manual and your comment I 'registered a consumer' with the name /qm. (Using the same consumer key and consumer name as in the 'Friends (Outbound)' section.) Then I edited this consumer and gave it the qm_user as 'Functional User ID'. Although I found that other sites indicate the Rational Quality Manager - Connector license shall be used I assigned also a RTC developer license as you indicated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.