It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot create test scripts on RQM 6.0.2

Prussian Eka Pradana (1317) | asked Sep 20 '16, 11:59 p.m.
Hi All,

I have upgraded RQM 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 and haven't applied any fixpack. 
My problem is: I cannot saving my test scripts, and ended up with error message.
Below is the error messages from RQM:

"Unable to save test scripts"
"Validation error for item: type = ExecutionElement2, itemId =[UUID_0SN-MH5LEeaigvKWNLaMyQ]
"Required String property must not be empty: summary"

Need your assistance, to fix this problem.
Thanks

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 21 '16, 1:56 a.m.

Hi, Prussian

1. Do you see all those messages when saving test scripts?
2. whether any test script save will end up with same errors?
3. whether test script summary is over 250 characters?
4. is it happening in any browser?
5. what is the output
https://server:port/qm_context_root/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.rqm.planning.ExecutionElement2/_0SN-MH5LEeaigvKWNLaMyQ
from a web browser?
(server:port and qm_context_root should be matching to your environment)

Prussian Eka Pradana commented Sep 26 '16, 4:31 a.m. | edited Sep 26 '16, 4:31 a.m.
  1. Yes, I see those message mostly in every single test script that I have saved. FYI, The messages is same, but they have different unique itemID for each of the test script

1. Some of them is successfully saved, but when I edited it, it returns with error.

2. Test summary is blank

3. Yes, I have tried in Firefox 48.0.2 and Chrome 11.0

---- start of line-----
    {"errorClass":"com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.vvc.UnsetConfigurationException","errorCode":500,"errorTraceMarshall"
    "errorMessage":"CRJAZ0931I Error redirecting to web from location \"https:\/\/qacictd.btn.co.id:9443\/qm\/service\/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ItemRenderService\/itemOid\/com.ibm.rqm.planning.ExecutionElement2\/_0SN-MH5LEeaigvKWNLaMyQ\". Exception message: Attempt to fetch config aware type with no configuration set"}
    ----- end of line ------

Don Yang commented Sep 26 '16, 5:47 a.m.

I can't tell from the error "Attempt to fetch config aware type with no configuration set"
 if there is anything to do configuration management. If this is a configuration enabled project, you may check with other project and see if you see similar problem.

I don't find any reported problem in v602 which has the same errors in this post. In a general approach, you may try to apply ifix on v602 first and see how it works.

Obviously if ifix does not help, further trace is required to find out more, if you know how to use firebug, you can reproduce the issue and see if the firebug can reveal anything more. if you can contact support, there is some further trace they can enable for qm.log for investigation.

Prussian Eka Pradana commented Sep 27 '16, 4:27 a.m. | edited Sep 27 '16, 4:44 a.m.

Donal, the condition is like below:

In version 6.0.1, I have 5 moduleJTS,CCM,RM,QM, RS (reporting Service)
At those time because one of the reason, I just only upgrade 4 module : JTS,CCM,RM, and QM. 
If the error above is caused by the RS module, does it possible for me to upgrade RS right now? after all the module have upgraded before.

Don Yang commented Sep 28 '16, 3:11 a.m. | edited Oct 05 '17, 12:01 a.m.

I don't see the link between the error and RS staying at 6.0.1. You can upgrade RS now as I understand because JTS is now at 6.0.2.

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 04 '17, 6:54 p.m.

Hi, Gabor

There is a known defect now in v6.0.3 and v6.0.4. see details in this work item:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=163245

It suggests a workaround in the work item as well.(defect is fixed in the coming v6.0.5)

permanent link
Gabor Federics (34418) | answered Oct 04 '17, 5:01 a.m.
edited Oct 04 '17, 5:02 a.m.

Hi All

did you manage to find a solution for this Problem?

Since today we are facing the same issue with RQM 6.0.3 iFix006.

Some of the Test Scripts cannot be edited and saved any more. Also a simple state transition (Draft -> Under Review) without any modification is not possible.

Error message:

Unable to save Test Script
Validation errors for item: type = ExecutionElement2, itemId = [UUID _gUoOcT4NEea3-PKofvMcuA]
Required String property must not be empty: summary
The summary section is empty. Any idea how to overcome this?
Thanks and best Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.