It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to start working with eclipse?

Eliah Ninyo (21315) | asked Sep 19 '16, 8:41 a.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 4:03 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello,
i have installed the RTC 5.0.2 client on my C++ eclipse development environment.
i have already setup my stream and personal workspace. also the sandbox is already loaded.

i opened the eclipse now with the sandbox a the workspace. is it right? or should i set the workspace to be the component folder?

i already have a project (C++) define there (in the component folder) and i want it to be recognized by the RTC as unresolved pending changes... but it doesn't. i also don't see any small icons on the files of the project (i have only one file at the moment (cpp and h files).

is there any tutorial on how to work with RTC source control in eclipse? from the workspace initialization (of eclipse) through the project compilation?

thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Sep 19 '16, 9:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This could be a good start :
  https://jazz.net/library/article/41

There are additional links there that you would want to read through...

and as they say "picture speaks a 1000 words", refer to this diagram :
   https://jazz.net/library/article/126#scm_diagram

Eliah Ninyo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eliah Ninyo commented Sep 21 '16, 8:03 a.m. | edited Jan 12 '17, 3:36 p.m.

thanks.

it was helpful.

the thing i needed it to choose "Load the root folders of the components as projects" when loading a repository workspace to a snandbox.

i have others problem now, but thanks with this issue.

happy to know this forum is active :-)

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 20 '17, 4:02 p.m.

For additional videos and tutorials see Rational Team Concert source control and Source control.

Ken 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.