It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Subcomponent hierarchy is not consisitent after loading to sandbox

Kenery Wang (6411727) | asked Sep 19 '16, 2:02 a.m.
edited Sep 19 '16, 2:08 a.m.
Hi everyone,

I'm using RTC v6.0.2 with the new feature 'Subcomponent'.

I find that the components' hierarchy constructed in Repository Workspace cannot be consistent after I load all the components (including subcomponents) to the local sandbox.

For example, I construct a component hierarchy shown as below figure:

After I load  all the components in the Repository Workspace as root folders to a local sandbox, the hierarchy is gone, which means all the component folders are in the same level:

Does anyone know how to keep the component hierarchy to be consistent between Repository Workspace and local sandbox?

Thanks for any responses.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 19 '16, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, the hierarchy of the components in SCM does not have anything to do with the load location when loading. There are features such as load rules that allow to specify where to load things, but there is no explicit relationship between the hierarchy and the load location. So what you see is what you should expect.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 19 '16, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ralph is correct.   One important enhancement that was implemented was to allow you to specify in the load rule that a file/directory in one component can be loaded in a directory of another component (so you can manually create load rules that nest your folders in a way that corresponds to your component hierarchy).
There is an enhancement request to automatically generate load rules based on the component hierarchy:  [CCM] Automation for loading content from one component nested in another component based on component hierarchy relationships (361336)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.