It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP Name sync

Michael Baylis (1832719) | asked Aug 25 '09, 8:17 a.m.
Hi,
As an internal IBM team we are using bluepages LDAP to provide authentication and name sync. At present we are using callupname which can result in, for example:-

Baylis, M. (Michael)

This is not very socialable and results in mangled initials ie BM(.

The solution would be to use "cn", but that can result in M. Baylis. Again, not helpful.

So I would like to extend the ldap sync class and include some intelligence in selecting a combination of "givenname" and "sn". eg if the given name is 2 characters and ends in a dot, then try the next givenname.

However, I can't seem find the source of the ldap sync nightly task, would someone point me to the classname please? I suspect that we will deactivate it and use a "build job" that runs often.

cheers,

Michael Baylis
IBM Hursley

One answer

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 25 '09, 1:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Look at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncService and LDAPNightlySyncTask

--- Balaji

Hi,
As an internal IBM team we are using bluepages LDAP to provide authentication and name sync. At present we are using callupname which can result in, for example:-

Baylis, M. (Michael)

This is not very socialable and results in mangled initials ie BM(.

The solution would be to use "cn", but that can result in M. Baylis. Again, not helpful.

So I would like to extend the ldap sync class and include some intelligence in selecting a combination of "givenname" and "sn". eg if the given name is 2 characters and ends in a dot, then try the next givenname.

However, I can't seem find the source of the ldap sync nightly task, would someone point me to the classname please? I suspect that we will deactivate it and use a "build job" that runs often.

cheers,

Michael Baylis
IBM Hursley

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.