It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to resolve Issues while writing work Environment data's in RTC using REST service POST/PUT?

ast java (4511847) | asked Sep 15 '16, 12:40 a.m.
 Hi Team,

I am trying to update/create the work environment data of the user in RTC using REST service.

I had tried the below steps,

//Created the raw rest service client.
ITeamRawRestServiceClient rawRestServiceClient = teamRepository.getRawRestServiceClient();

String uriString = teamRepository.getRepositoryURI() +  "service/com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.IResourcePlanningRestService/workEnvironment?contributorId=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX";  //Just changed the contributor UUID. 

URI uri = new URI(uriString);
   IRawRestClientConnection connection = rawRestServiceClient.getConnection(uri);
   connection.addRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
   InputStream is = getInputStream(document);

//Trying to POST or PUT
      Response doPutResponse = connection.doPost(is, is.available(), "text/xml"); // connection.doPut(is, is.available(), "text/xml"); 

Once i execute the above line(POST/PUT) I am getting the below exception, 

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ2942E A request from this server to another server could not be completed. The other server returned a 400 HTTP error with this error text: Bad Request.
CRJAZ2942E A request from this server to another server could not be completed. The other server returned a 400 HTTP error with this error text: Bad Request.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.throwHttpClientError(RemoteTeamServer.java:2105)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.executeMethod(RemoteTeamServer.java:1296)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.executeMethod(RemoteTeamServer.java:1121)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.executeMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:375)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:211)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doPost(RestClientConnectionBase.java:165)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamRawRestServiceClient$RawRestClientConnection.doPost(TeamRawRestServiceClient.java:112)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:254)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:110)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.RawRestServiceClientProxy$RestClientConnectionProxy.invoke(RawRestServiceClientProxy.java:121)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy19.doPost(Unknown Source)

Is it correct way to create the URI string as i mentioned in the above code? 

Please let me know what i am doing wrong or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 15 '16, 1:54 a.m.

Just note that you're using an internal API, so not much documentation or published information is available. Your best bet would be capture the network trace in a browser while doing the some operation and analyze what is being sent to the server.

ast java commented Sep 15 '16, 2:21 a.m.

Hi Donald, 

Thanks for your comment. 

The trace which i showed is top level.

The internal api's are called from RTC api's (Means I didn't directly call those doPost(..). 

In my code I am calling the "TeamRawRestServiceClient" 's doPost (InputStream content, long contentLength, String contentType) method. (Sorry I don't have the traces for these calls)

As I am new to the REST services please let me know how I can debug it.

Donald Nong commented Sep 15 '16, 4:11 a.m.

The service that you tried with, "service/com.ibm.team.apt.internal.service.rest.IResourcePlanningRestService/workEnvironment", is an internal one.

One answer

permanent link
Aatish Gawas (11) | answered Jul 12 '21, 12:38 p.m.

was there any success in same?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.