It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding meta data to the project area

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Sep 14 '16, 1:47 p.m.
 We want to capture additional metadata information on the project area.  For example when you create a new project area in RTC you are only asked for the name and summary.  We would like additional information like project manager name, project ID, department etc.  We would like this for enterprise reporting purposes.  How would you customize this in order to meet this objective?  

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 16 '16, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, you can not add metadata here. There is no built in mechanism to achieve this. Also not for team areas. I am not sure if you could store additional data using an extension. There is no mechanism to adjust the UI either, so I don't see how you could use it.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 14 '16, 2:39 p.m.
Once the project is created, one can update the Description.   I don't know how large Description is, but it can be retrieved programmatically and it is displayed on Web UI on My Projects page.

We've had the thought to ask that project owners tag the description about various things but haven't followed through.

Comments
Sean Burke commented Sep 15 '16, 12:10 p.m.

I was hoping to put an enumerated and two text fields on this form that at the time of project creation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.