It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we rename RTC Approval tracking - Approval, Verification & Review with custom client specific naming conventions?

Pradnya Raste (351524) | asked Sep 13 '16, 2:37 p.m.
edited Sep 13 '16, 2:37 p.m.

Hello,

I have a client requirement where I need to rename Approval, Review and Verification with different names. for example Review to be renamed with Peer Review, Verification to be renamed with Legal Approval and Approval to be Leadership approval or something like that.

Please suggest.

1. Is it feasible?

2. How to do it?

currently I am on RTC v 5.0 and expected to be migrated on 6.0.2 in a month or two.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 14 '16, 5:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 14 '16, 5:05 a.m.
Besides what June mentions, I am not aware of any way to achieve this. There is no extension mechanism available to modify the approval names and types and the display of them or to delete and add new approval types. 
Pradnya Raste selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
June Boston (1942438) | answered Sep 13 '16, 2:48 p.m.

If you don't need to change the underlying data name, the easiest way to do this would be to modify the Presentation for the work item in question.  Under the project config > Work Items > Editor Presentations you can pick the display for each work item.  You can edit the section header text here.  Note that these are shared by all default work items, so you will update them for every work item (which may be what you want).  If you only want to do it for one, you'll need to copy the Approvals section, modify the copy, and removal the original section.

See this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/130 and just generally search for "customizing work item presentation RTC"

Good luck!

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Sep 13 '16, 3:00 p.m.

Hi June, 

Yes I know that the Tab and section name can be edited. however the client wants to use different wordings instead of "Approval, Review & Verification" as " Leadership Approval, Peer Review and Legal Approval" can we do that?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 14 '16, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, that is not supported today.

Pradnya Raste commented Sep 14 '16, 4:35 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon... thanks... so IBM RTC itself does not provide this functionality right?

Satish Narayanachar commented Dec 17 '18, 12:51 p.m.

@Ralph Do we have this functionality in new version?

thanks,

Satish

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.