It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What specific user permissions are required to import Test Cases into RQM (v6.0) using RQMExcelWordImporter (v6.0)

James Chapman (2516) | asked Sep 13 '16, 12:34 p.m.
edited Sep 13 '16, 12:36 p.m.
 I have certain users who are able to import Test Artefacts via the RQMExcelWordImporter but they are only able to import certain ones.
If my users try to import Test Cases with Test Scripts, the Test Scripts import successfully however an Internal Server Error(500) occurs with the Test Cases andthe following message is displayed in the Debug log:

"Unable to resolve the referenced test case '../testcase/ImportFile_Test_Cases__Scripts_11.xml' required to create the test suite step."

Is there a specific permission that I'm missing here? The importer works perfectly for me but as an admin I have all permissions and I can't seem to figure out which it is they are missing.

They have been set up with the following Permissions:

Save Test Plan                   Save Test Suite                 Save Test Case
  Create                                  Create                                  Create
  Edit                                        Edit                                        Edit

Save Test Script                XML Import
Create                                  Delete
Edit                                       Post

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Sep 13 '16, 11:38 p.m.
You can check if qm.log provides more information about which permission is required. By my experience, the issue is happened to "Edit Section Header" under "Save Test Case" permission in many cases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.