It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Command Line adapter runs test suite as different originator

Jordan Johnson (111) | asked Sep 09 '16, 10:33 a.m.

I have been having an issue with running automation from more than one PC.

In this scenario, I have a command line adapter running and so does my partner.

I navigate to my test suite and click run, with my machine selected as the host.

When the tool runs the test, it somehow attaches to my partner's PC and the result is an error. On the very next test case, the tool uses my computer and works as intended. The 3rd test in the sequence again reverts to my partners machine.

Inline image 1

If i look at the failed test cases, it shows the originator of the test as being my partner, which is incorrect. He had nothing to do with the execution of these scripts.

Inline image 2

Somehow the tool is interfering with another instance of the command line adapter and the test attempts to execute on his PC instead of mine. His environment is different, so there is an error:

Inline image 3

Comments
Michael Triantafelow commented Sep 16 '16, 10:34 a.m.

If you are experiencing errors, I'd recommend that you raise this issue as a defect rather than in the forums.  The dev team is actually very focused on defects right now so I'd expect it to get a quick turnaround through that channel.

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Nov 16 '16, 11:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My assumption is that you are using commandline test script for automation. If you are using commandline script, use the option "Use test resources from a shared location" so that it can be downloaded to different machine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.