It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Points allocation issues RQM

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Sep 08 '16, 5:34 a.m.
Hi

Please let me know how are points allocated to TSER's and TCER's from within a test plan. We have set these points to 1 point. Once we start executing a TSER or TCER, we assume that they get allocated 1 point? So that the progress can be tracked on the green status bars on the test plan. But we have situations we passed TCER's are still show 0 points, and also once execution is done, these green status bars don't show complete. Is this is known issue in CLM 6.0? Is there anything that would prevent a TCER from being allocated 1 point?

Thanks

Leesen

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Sep 08 '16, 11:35 p.m.
I don't see any reported problem in this area in 6.0.
I just tested with v6.0.2 and don't see the problem.

There are several things you may want to have a check first:

1) TCER and TSER are actually link to the specific test plan. that is, from TCER and TSER section of the test plan, you can see those TCER and TSER listed

2) if TCER and TSER haven't got any scripts, when completing execution, you need to manually set the weight distribution(to make the point not to be zero)

3) in a TCER/TSER with a manual script(multiple steps), you can manually change the weight distribution

4) in the progress bar, you may need to refresh the browser to make the update seen.

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Sep 09 '16, 4:45 a.m. | edited Sep 09 '16, 4:49 a.m.

Hi Don

Please correct me if I am wrong: The green progress bar on the test plan only shows progress for passed and failed tcer's. So for e.g, if I had 10 TCER's, with 5 pass, 3 fail and 2 blocked, that progress bar will only show 8 out of 10?

Thanks

Leesen

Don Yang commented Sep 13 '16, 1:14 a.m. | edited Sep 13 '16, 1:14 a.m.

Hi, Leesen

Yes, you are right. If you have 5 passed, 3 failed and 2 blocked, the progress bar will only show 8 out of 10. Basically Deferred and Blocked results are not counted.
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.