It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, can I find all repositories I've contributed to?

Mike Barlow (1111) | asked Aug 26 '16, 10:43 a.m.
edited Sep 03 '16, 8:04 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
In our environment, I've contributed changes to a number of files in various repositories. I'd like to find all the files I've made changes in in whatever repository they happen to be.
Can this even be done?

And while I'm at it can I find any specific file in the RTC Source Code by file name (or even partial file name as opposed to "begins with") or content?

TIA
Mike B

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 03 '16, 7:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 03 '16, 7:07 p.m.
When you say "various repositories", do you mean "various RTC repositories" or "various components in a single RTC repository"?   If the former, then you will need to run a separate command against each repository (or you can write a single script that accesses multiple repositories).   If the latter, then you can run a single search command against all components in the repository.   You would specify yourself in the "creator" search field, to narrow it down to just file versions that you've created.   When you say "file name", do you mean something like "foo.c", or do you mean a pathname like "/x/y/foo.c"?   If the former, then you can search by "file name begins with".   If there is a specific file that you want to search for changes, than if you have that file loaded in a sandbox, you can select that specific file in the search command.  If you have a license for the Enterprise Extensions, you can set up a given stream to have its content indexed, which allows you to search within that stream for files with specific content.
Note: You use the "change set search" to search for changes to files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.