It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM PDF Export of Test Scripts fails

Gabor Federics (34518) | asked Aug 25 '16, 11:01 a.m.
Hi all

I've just noticed that on our RQM server (6.0.2, I20160323_2245, iFix004) the generated PDF documents do not include the test scripts any more. Only the title of the Test Script and the main attributes (owner, last modified, priority, state) can be seen in the PDF, but no Summary section, no Formal Review and no test steps at all.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks for all the replies!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 25 '16, 3:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have upgraded, you may be running into this defect
Defect 154535 PDF export of a Manual Test Script does not include step data/information (after upgrade)

The fix will be included in 6.0.2 iFix005
Gabor Federics selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabor Federics commented Sep 23 '16, 9:38 a.m.

@amasrof

On our RQM server 6.0.2 iFix005 the problem is unresolved. Wasn't the correction in iFix005 ?

5 other answers

permanent link
Setembrino Lusa (54) | answered Sep 29 '16, 4:41 p.m.
 @amasrof
We upgraded two servers from 5.0.2 to 6.0.2 and added the iFix004 on both, one is showing the steps and another is not when I export scripts to PDF...
Is there any workaround or a way to verify that behavior ?

Homologation shows the right export with Script Test Steps
Production that has the same upgrade process and the same iFix004 does NOT show the Script Test Steps

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Sep 30 '16, 12:33 a.m.
edited Sep 30 '16, 12:55 a.m.
Hi, Setembrino, Gabor

As per ifix readme, the related fix is in ifix05. But even with ifix05, I see the inconsistent behavior: newly created manual scripts work, some scripts with steps from ExcelImporter does not have the steps in pdf. I am not sure your scenario but it looks to me the fix is not complete(or does not consider the various use case). You may want to contact IBM client support to get it addressed.
Thanks

permanent link
David Babuder (1537) | answered Nov 30 '16, 10:54 a.m.

NOTE: Not an "answer" but some additional data.

We see the problem on a system upgraded from 6.0 to 6.0.2. Providing information just in case it helps the development team.

What was observed was that if a minor change was made to the test script (just add a carriage return to the first step), then the PDF export would include the steps.

Exporting the "before" and "after" change to XML using the RQM URL Utility, showed that the difference was that the "before" had the steps' "<name>" and "<title>" tags as the text that had been imported (simply "Step <n>") where n was the step index number.  The "after" had the steps' "<name>" and "<title>" set to all, or a portion of, the step's "<description>" tag.

Is there a (new?) requirement for the <name> and <title> tags within the Steps of a Test Script?

permanent link
Setembrino Lusa (54) | answered Dec 05 '16, 9:31 a.m.
New iFix06a is now available to download and get it fixed. 
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.2?p=allDownloads

permanent link
Setembrino Lusa (54) | answered May 16 '17, 1:09 p.m.

Hi @feg @dyang @amasrof

We put the 6.0.2 iFix009 and the PDF export presents "fail" for any attempt

Comments
Gabor Federics commented May 18 '17, 5:09 a.m.

Exactly, one of the iFixes after iFix06 introduced a new problem (every export fails).

We've already upgraded to 6.0.2 iFix10 and it works again.

New in iFix10: a couple of times ends up the PDF Export with "completed with errors". E.g. by test plans some test cases are missing (not all of them) but their test scripts are exported
A re-export helps in these cases.

Gabor Federics commented May 18 '17, 10:57 a.m.

I have to correct myself. Re-export does not always help.

I can reproduce a case where the exported and re-exported PDFs contain different errors (that means: not the same test cases are missing from the PDF). So the behaviour with iFix010 ist inconsistent and the fault is sporadic.

I've opened a new defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=163411

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.