It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Compenents in RWS having "*" and Number - What these 2 indicate?

Praveen Chougala (31730) | asked Aug 25 '16, 12:30 a.m.
edited Sep 04 '16, 9:09 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,

I see, components in repository work space are having some number in bracket and one of those component is having * mark also.
Would like to know, what this number is indicating for each component and what does that " * " meaning?

Note : I have derived this RWS from a stream and the components inside that stream are also having the same numbers.

Kindly help me understand.

Thanks,
Praveen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 25 '16, 3:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 25 '16, 3:13 p.m.
See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1?p=news#basis-decorator 2 is the baseline number most likely.

We have so many versions out there. If you hope for someone to spend their precious time consider to provide a version number for used tools or don't be suprised if noone wants to spend the effort. I am off work right now and wonder why I even care to answer.
Praveen Chougala selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 03 '16, 8:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The number is the most recent baseline of that component in that stream/workspace.   The asterisk indicates whether additional change sets have been added to that component in that stream/workspace since that baseline was added.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.