It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.2 - Making Attachments Read Only

vishnudharan manivannan (1183642) | asked Aug 24 '16, 9:25 a.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 5:17 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello All,

We are using RTC 6.0.2 in our environment.

In general we have seen possibilities to customize in a way to make attributes read only. Based on operational behaviour > Save work item.

However we did not see non attribute presentations such as Attachments / Links present in them.

Therefore I would like to know , is it possible to make Attachments read only in RTC workitems ?

Business use case : There are few specification documents uploaded in few workitems and I do not want all the users to be able to download & read them.

Only users with specific roles should be able to download such attachments.

Kindly let me know if there is a way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Vishnu M

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Aug 30 '16, 8:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since its not possible to limit access at that attachments level, as an alternate, you may keep the Work Item itself restricted using Restricted Access field and limit the work item view to only those who should be able to access the attachments.

Here is more on how to go about this :
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_restricting_access_to_work_items_web.html

hope this helps.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Jan 19 '17, 4:46 a.m.

Thanks Dinesh.. What the team wanted was more or less to only read the data of the workitem. but should not be able to download/upload/open the attachments..

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 24 '16, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are not asking for making them read only. If they are read only you could download them but not attach a new file. This would be possible.

You want to hide attachments for roles to prevent download and that is not possible as far as I can tell.

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Jan 19 '17, 4:51 a.m.

Thank you Ralph for the possible approaches.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 19 '17, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your refinement of the requirement: you want to prevent access to the attachments.
We currently have no, and we might never have, a way to restrict access to properties/data such as attributes or attachments (which are not even attributes) in work items.

I even don't see a work around.

You could try to make the attachments presentation hidden, but I believe the users could still find and get the attachments if they tried. Plus, it would be impossible to upload attachments for users. There is no hide for role or something like that either.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.