It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Closed] How to assign value to attributes in tets case using Excel Importer

Kumar Kumar (6427) | asked Aug 24 '16, 5:53 a.m.
edited Aug 26 '16, 4:13 a.m.
I have an Custom attribute "1. Pre Condition" in Summary block in Test cases.
I need to assign value to it.
I have tried below methods which dint work:

1. testcase.variables.name="1. Pre-Conditions".value=K

2. testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.Summary","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=K

Could you tell me the right way to assign values to custom attributes.

Thanks,

Regards,
Chethan Kumar R

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Aug 25 '16, 2:40 a.m.
  You can refer to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Custom_Attributes about how to get identifier.

To get Custom Attribute Identifier follow below steps : 

1. Create Custom Attributes for TestCase
  2. Create/Update a TestCase and fill value for the Custom Attributes in the TestCase.
  3. Perform GET of this testcase using RQMURLUtility. In the received xml you should see ns2:customAttributes tag similar to below snippet. The value of "identifier" tag is the Custom Attribute identifier. In this case Identifiers for the 2 Custom Attributes are "Custom_attribute_0_" and "Custom_attribute_1_" respectively
I tested in my 6.0.1 environment, if I created a custom attribute "1. Pre-Conditions", the identifier I got is "_._Pre-Conditions". So in the cfg file it should like:
testcase.customAttributes identifier="_._Pre-Conditions".name="1. Pre-Conditions".type="SMALL_STRING".value=K

Please verify in your environment what the identifier should be.

Kumar Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Aug 25 '16, 3:30 a.m.

Custom attribute "1. Pre-Conditions" is already available in my environment.
Could you please tell me How do i need to read
custom Attributes identifier for existing Custom attribute?

In the mean time tried with
testcase.customAttributes identifier="_._Pre-Conditions".name="1. Pre-Conditions".type="SMALL_STRING".value=K dint work.

One other answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Aug 25 '16, 1:20 a.m.
For custom attribute, the syntax is:
testcase.customAttributes identifier="<Custom_attribute_identifier>".name="1. Pre-Conditions".type="SMALL_STRING".value=K

Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Custom_Attributes about how to get custom attribute identifier.

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Aug 25 '16, 1:38 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '16, 2:10 a.m.

Could you please tell me where to find the "<custom_attribute_identifier>".

I Tried this testcase.customAttributes identifier="1.Pre-Conditions".name="1. Pre-Conditions".type="SMALL_STRING".value=K  but it actually creating a new attribute. :(
Its not created in Custom Attribute section but in Artifact categeries.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.