It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't a user having added to project admin and process role with permission to delete work item is able to delete a work item in RTC?

Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | asked Aug 22 '16, 10:38 a.m.
We have a user added as project admin and also assigned a process role which has permission to delete work item.
Despite that the user does not see and option to delete a work item in RTC.
Why this privilege requires to elevate user access to JAZZ ADMIN?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 22 '16, 10:40 a.m.
cause only Jazz Admin has delete permission, regardless of what the rest of the info says..
Rohit Rishabh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohit Rishabh commented Aug 22 '16, 10:59 a.m.

Yes, but why!
Giving a jazz admin privilege to a normal user will open a pandora box for them. I just want them to have jazz user privilege and have permission to delete a work item.
To have a jazz admin access to delete a work item does not make sense.
In previous version of RTC, a user could delete a workitem without having access elevated to jazz admin, what changed that made it mandatory to have jazz admin access!

sam detweiler commented Aug 22 '16, 11:09 a.m.

cause the product team hard coded it that way..  typically you should NEVER EVER delete anything, as it would change history..  (really bad for a change management system)

people screamed and hollered, so they gave it to ONE hard coded role..
I understand.. but not my decision.. I voted for never allowed... (but I have used it on a development system a lot)..

Rohit Rishabh commented Aug 22 '16, 11:33 a.m.

Make sense.
May be we could have some precondition (work item state, linked artifact etc) that determine if the work item can be deleted by a normal user role.
Our project uses work item templates to create an entire WBS structure and sometime there are unnecessary WI gets created and we need to contact admin to delete it.

sam detweiler commented Aug 22 '16, 11:46 a.m.

I understand.. 

One other answer

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Aug 22 '16, 11:42 a.m.
Hello,

You should be able to add them to the LDAP JazzProjectAdmins group and they can delete.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 22 '16, 11:45 a.m.

JazzProjectAdmin cannot delete workitems..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.