It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Massive ReqIF import on RDNG

Luis Calderon (2917) | asked Aug 19 '16, 10:29 a.m.
I got a ReqIF file about 11GB in size. Importing it takes a while and the session timeouts interrupt the process. Is there a way to import this file without any problem? Maybe directly on the server through command-line or an app I could use to split the ReqIF file into smaller pieces?

Thanks....

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 22 '16, 3:05 a.m.

I think you can try to increase the session timeout first. It is quite difficult to "split" the ReqIF file.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Aug 22 '16, 5:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luis,

Your ReqIF seems incredibly large and I think you need to go back to the originating RM application and redefine the ReqIF package into smaller subsections.

Before setting up large ReqIF, or migration packages, please refer to DOORS 9 to DNG Migration & Sizing Guide.  The advice at the bottom would state that you would need to ensure your database is sized appropriately for such a package, but you must also adhere to Project, module and instance sizings once the package is migrated.  If you ignore this advice, then you are very likely to experience issues post-upgrade when super-sized modules etc are slow to respond to multiple, large-transaction usage.

I hope that this helps.
Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.