It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Need a load rule to load 2 or 3 files into a directory in a sandbox owned by another component and want to avoid being asked to deliver these files, how do I do this?

Richard Good (872158) | asked Aug 16 '16, 8:17 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '16, 12:39 p.m.
 Pretty much says it all in the question. I have some common files owned by one component that I want to put in a sandbox directory connected to another component, I want to use these files and get updates of these files accepted to the directory but avoid conflict and avoid registering a change/ deliver these particular files to the other component.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Oct 04 '16, 2:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nest shares are allowed as of RTC 6.0.1 so you won't be able to do what you want until you upgrade to 6.0.1 or later.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 16 '16, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 6.0.1 you can setup 'directed flows' (See: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1?p=news#flexible-flow-rules). In your case, you would want to set the stream flow target as incoming only (and not outgoing). This way you can accept changes to these files, but not have to worry about accidentally delivering changes to the rest of the team.

You can load individual files using the "Load As" wizard in Eclipse. Once done you can generate a load rule file so that you can easily reload the same files/folders in the future. Here is a more advanced reference of how Load Rules work: https://jazz.net/library/article/1015

Comments
Richard Good commented Aug 16 '16, 12:35 p.m. | edited Aug 16 '16, 11:08 p.m.
Too many characters to use comment.

Thanks, I have looked at that article and it seemed to suggest I couldn't do what I want, which is a simple one way accept of a few files into a sandbox folder connected to a different component. It probably doesn't sound like best practice to do what I am requesting, but I imagine others have this need too. 

itemLoadRule seemed the most promising, but doesn't allow overlapping shares, not sure there is a good way to do what I want (no chance of updating to RTC 6 at the moment) 

quote from article: -

itemLoadRule

The itemLoadRule element describes a single item to be loaded. The item can be a file, folder or symbolic link anywhere within the repository workspace. The item can also be the component (thought of as loading the component root folder). The item being loaded can be placed anywhere within the sandbox (except within other contents loaded from the repository – overlapping shares are not supported).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.