It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QTP unable to identify object in RTC while creating a task

Unknown User (1111) | asked Aug 15 '16, 6:23 a.m.
edited Aug 15 '16, 6:40 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 My project team came up with a QTP script which automates the process of creating child tasks and linking them to a story. This script takes inputs from an excel sheet and runs the loop to create tasks with mandatory fields.
The issue we are facing is on completion of 2nd iteration, the 'Set Parent' object properties in 'Add' drop down changing and our script is unable to find the element.

Is there any solution for this?My project team came up with a QTP script which automates the process of creating child tasks and linking them to a story. This script takes inputs from an excel sheet and runs the loop to create tasks with mandatory fields.
The issue we are facing is on completion of 2nd iteration, the 'Set Parent' object properties in 'Add' drop down changing and our script is unable to find the element.

Is there any solution for this?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 15 '16, 6:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 15 '16, 7:41 a.m.
You expect anyone to help you with solving your custom script question with this amount of information? I don't think that anyone can do that.

Reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and providing more information might result in enough information anyone could help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.