It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove html tags present in fields(such as description) of RTC work item report generated through RPE by preserving the formatting?

Jyotsna Prasad (1920) | asked Aug 10 '16, 9:35 a.m.
I am trying to integrate JRS report of RTC workitem to RPE. After the integration, when I generated report through RPE, I can observe html tags present for HTML fields of workitem(e.g description) in the report. Even if I remove the html tags through scripting, the formatting(such as bold, italics) is also removed.
Can anyone please suggest some solution for it?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 10 '16, 12:36 p.m.
Hi Jyotsna,

The formatting should be retained. Please make sure you have checked "XHTML Input" and "XHTML Output" options while using the Script Expression.

Comments
Jyotsna Prasad commented Aug 11 '16, 4:09 a.m.

<b>ABCD</b> I have output as this from the description field. Now in the script expression I am putting only one line i.e description. and I have checked both xhtml input and xhtml output bt on testing it i am getting same output as <b>ABCD</b>. Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong or what's the reason for this as not working.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 11 '16, 6:04 a.m.

I haven't seen such data being returned for WI description. Are you generating document through RPE? Can you send the .dta file to subra.prasad@in.ibm.com so that I can have a look?

Jyotsna Prasad commented Aug 11 '16, 7:20 a.m.

Hi Subramanya, I have sent you the mail with .dta file. Please let me know if you find something with error.

Thank You.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.