It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mentioned by Link triggering mails to the subscribers list in the Work item to which mentions added

viswanath janakiraman (81124) | asked Aug 10 '16, 2:40 a.m.
 When the user mention the Work item reference the other work item then the mail trigger to the subscriber list this is normal behaviour. But everyday the mail is triggered as mentioned by is added and removed to the Subscribers which create confusion. 

Not sure what background job that triggers repeatedly the mentioned by to get added and removed by itself.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 10 '16, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question is totally confusing to me. You might want to consider reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and provide a clearer description of what the problem is. I don't think that mentioning users or work items changes any subscriptions.

One answer

permanent link
viswanath janakiraman (81124) | answered Aug 10 '16, 4:37 a.m.
 Hi @rschoon ,

we have Work item A and Work item B were user is mentioned the work item A in work item B.
Then in Workitem A link tab you can see the mentioned by reference as Work item B

Our issue is we are getting the mails based on the subscriber list in Work item A repeatedly everyday that mentions has  been added and removed by itself.

Comments
viswanath janakiraman commented Aug 10 '16, 4:38 a.m.

Hi @rschoon ,

we have Work item A and Work item B were user is mentioned the work item A in work item B.
Then in Workitem A link tab you can see the mentioned by reference as Work item B

Our issue is we are getting the mails based on the subscriber list in Work item A repeatedly everyday that mentions has  been added and removed by itself.

sam detweiler commented Aug 10 '16, 8:06 a.m. | edited Aug 10 '16, 8:07 a.m.

sorry, I still don't understand.. let me see if I can repeat what you said

you have two workitems A and B.   B has some reference to A in its comments. (a mentions),    mentions is a Link from B to A...  but there is a side effect of the link.. the other end (A) ALSO gets a 'mentioned BY' link, back to B.

IF A gets a mentioned BY B, then whoever in the subscriber list that asked to be notified when links were added or removed, will be sent an email.

now... what is this about the mention being 'removed' (automatically)?  that is the part I don't understand.. 

viswanath janakiraman commented Aug 11 '16, 1:06 a.m.
  Hi  Sam ,

i have mentioned some web link in my comment section . Since I am part of subscriber list i was notified regarding the mentions this normal behaviour.

But the issue is i am getting the mail daily like below one .

<o:p> </o:p>

viswanath janakiraman commented Aug 11 '16, 1:06 a.m.

Id:           XXXXX

Type:          Strategic Initiative

Summary:       Records are process aware

Team Area:     Technology / Product-Core-Scrum

Filed Against: Process Workflow

rational XXXXX changed on Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 3:27:31 AM India Standard Time:

Mentions Link:

Added:

<-----Link content---->

Removed:

<--------Link Content--->

You are receiving this mail because you are subscriber [s] of this work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.