It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate existing Agile projects to SAFe in RTC 6.0.1

swapna das (3324571) | asked Aug 04 '16, 1:49 a.m.

Hi Team,

We have migrated our CLM environment from 5.0.1 to 6.0.1. We have created couple of project areas using SCRUM templates on top of which we have done some customization based on our requirement. Now we are planning to move to SAFe, can you please let me know which option will be better to adopt SAFe.

1- Create project areas using OOTB SAFe template and then update the project areas based on our customization. And then export the artifacts from SCRUM project area and import those to the new one .

or

2 - Update the process template of SCRUM project area with the new features  and work items of SAFe.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 04 '16, 2:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no (simple) way to replace the process configuration of a project area, once it has been created. All you can do is to look at the process (e.g. SAFe) deployed in a test project area, try to find the differences and change your project areas process. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/SetupProjects for some of the information.

For all I know the template for the program and team level is derived from the scrum template and it is mostly some name adjustments and additional attributes. You should be able to modify our process accordingly.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/W54ecb028c53d_48b0_9d5e_4584a00489d3/page/SAFe%C2%AE%204.0%20Assets seems to be a resource where you can get some additional items such as icons. I have seen more information. You can start here:  SAFe

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 05 '16, 1:10 a.m.
For simplicity, I'd probably go with Option1.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 05 '16, 3:14 a.m.

I tend to agree.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.