It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deliver option is disabled

Jennifer Schachter (1121) | asked Aug 20 '09, 1:49 p.m.
Hi,
I've been using RTC and creating/delivering change sets without any issues for several months. Yesterday, I lost my ability to deliver change sets. When I right click on the change set in the Pending Changes view, the Deliver option is disabled (totally greyed out). What would cause that to happen? Are there any settings that might have gotten set that would affect this?

Thanks in advance,
Jenn

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Aug 20 '09, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I've been using RTC and creating/delivering change sets without any issues for several months. Yesterday, I lost my ability to deliver change sets. When I right click on the change set in the Pending Changes view, the Deliver option is disabled (totally greyed out). What would cause that to happen? Are there any settings that might have gotten set that would affect this?

Thanks in advance,
Jenn

Hi Jenn

Not sure what happened there - but try opening a new Eclipse workspace (assuming you are using Eclipse), create a new repository workspace and load the relevant components and see if that helps. If you can't deliver then, there is something else going wrong.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Jennifer Schachter (1121) | answered Aug 21 '09, 12:50 p.m.
Thanks for the reply! After 3 days of this strange behaviour, RTC has finally decided I should be able to Deliver changes again. I hadn't made any changes.
If it should reappear I will definitely try your suggestion.

Thanks!
Jenn

permanent link
Harmen Leenders (324) | answered Oct 19 '12, 5:21 a.m.

We had the same issue @ FEI, NL. After removing the sandbox and repository and created new ones the issue was gone. Not sure what the exact problem is but the actions taken solved the issue.

So solution would be:

1 Save your changes by checking in and creating a change set

2 Remove the local sandbox and repository

3 Create a new repository and sandbox

4 Accept the changeset(s) that could not be delivered earlier

5 Deliver the changesets

Kind regards,

Harmen Leenders

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 19 '12, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This sounds like an issue that should be logged in a work item. Including screenshots of Pending Changes would also help determine what is going on.

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267064) | answered Nov 27 '12, 7:30 a.m.
same issue with RTC 3.0.1.2
Has a changeset at the "outgoing".
do not have the option to deliver (grayed out).

It happened also a few weeks ago to other user.
Unload and load was not a solution.
Only a new repository solved the problem.

As other mentioned, can not find the cause for that.
Is there an active WI for that ?

Yaron

Comments
Tim Mok commented Nov 27 '12, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

A screenshot of your Pending Changes view would be helpful in figuring out what's wrong and if there's a bug. To my knowledge, no work item was opened for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.