It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Database Query - Users

Darrell Reich (949) | asked Aug 02 '16, 3:09 p.m.
When I click on new Query in RTC web client, I can see the fields for the bug reports / issues. How can I write a query that lists all the users, their names, usernames, email, and phone numbers? In ClearQuest, the user table was available, not sure how to do it with RTC jazz 5.0.2?

You should be able to click on a username and get the metadata details like their phone number, right?

One answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Aug 02 '16, 5:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Those data are usually maintained in an external directory (Active Directory, LDAP etc.) and as such are not maintained in the RTC repository. Typically all that's avaialble in the RTC repository are a name, user ID and email address.

Comments
Darrell Reich commented Aug 02 '16, 6:36 p.m.

I think that explains why I have a Windows account (AD) on the RTC server but I am not up to speed on the jargon just a user. Outlook can display full address book entry for each username, can't RTC? The RTC Eclipse client has a link to instant messaging, can't it lookup the phone number and call the person when the build fails? We need metadata like to send a cell phone text message via email to alert the developer for continuous integration when they are away from their dashboard because this is being used by external developers in different time zones. [See also http://www.dilbert.com search for "dashboard"]

Alan Sampson commented Aug 03 '16, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Outlook accesses those data because it needs them; RTC does not, all it's interested in is a user ID and the associated email address so it can authenticate the user and send email when needed.  Loading or even reading the entire contents of the user directory (when multiple types of user directory are supported) would be costly in both time and processor resources.

The use case you describe is not part of RTC's design. In order to achieve your aim you'll likely need to develop an extension.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.